Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Now it's time for some Toning & Moisturizing with Liz Earle

You have read my review about Liz Earle Hot Cloth Polisher & Cleanser before and I got to know from your countless mails that how much you liked this cleanser and my review on this. So today let's take a look at some more products from this brand. I hope you'll love to read about these products also.



Instant Boost™ Skin Tonic
This one is a skin toner with an adorable fragrance.

What it claims
This heavenly floral-scented, non-drying toner refreshes, soothes and brightens your skin. Gentle and alcohol-free, it also adds a fine layer of moisture.



Size
200ml

Price
£11.75

Ingredients
Naturally active ingredients include organic aloe vera to revitalize and soften and calendula, chamomile, cucumber and natural source vitamin E to soothe and refresh the skin.

How to use
Pour onto a cotton wool pad and sweep over face and neck after using Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. Alternatively spritz over face and body to revitalise at any time.

Packaging
The toner comes in a tube that twists up to reveal a hole. I don’t like it that much because sometimes, when I twist it up, some of the toner pours out, getting wasted. This toner is available in a spritzer container for just a few more scents (200ml for £12.00) Or you can try a smaller version: both the 50ml bottle version and the 30ml spritzer one retail at only £4.85.

Texture
The tonic is a clear liquid with a lightweight consistency that is slightly heavier than water, probably because of aloe vera. it gets absorbed into the skin so quickly.

Skin types
Suitable for all skin types.


In the mirror of my own experience
Usually I don't use toners but when Liz Earle offered me this toner for review, first I hesitated because the things i don't use regularly, for reviewing I'll definitely have to use it frequently but then I decided to try it because of my love of Liz Earle's products. I have used it for about 1 month and now I'm fully satisfied with its results for writing its review. At first, I really love its smell and completely true to their claim of this product being heavenly floral-scented. I have usually used it at night and believe me it gives a relaxed and peaceful feeling before going to bed. But you'll ask me the effects of this toner on my skin, well, my skin feels soft, smooth and moisturized just after applying it. It provides a refreshing feeling and removes any traces of makeup that may be left behind by your cleanser, like any good toner does. In addition, it soothes and moisturizes skin, leaving it clean, hydrated and looking good. The best thing is that this toner very well formulated. besides being alchohol-free, the main ingredient is Aloe Vera, which moisturizes skin, gives it a fresh feeling and has antioxidant properties. Other antioxidants included in the toner, which is paraben-free, are cucumber extract and chamomile extract.I really love this toner.

Good Points
This toner has beneficial ingredients in it which are very helpful for the skin.
It doesn’t contain alcohol.
Makes the skin soft and supple
Very helpful to remove all traces of makeup.
It gives skin a refreshing and soothing feeling.
Such a lovely scent which makes my mind relaxed & fresh.
Suitable for all skin types.
It's available in several sizes which is good for trial bases.



Bad points
I don't like its twist-up cap of the packaging although some may like it.

Finally...

Finally I'm really impressed by this toner and can say that it gives a noticeable result on my skin after using it. I don't say that my skin was not behaving well before using this, but yes I admit that it has given an extra suppleness and smoothness to my skin.

Recommendation
I'll strongly recommend this toner to my readers, and can say from my own experience that it's worth its cost and really a good product.

Rating
4.80/5

Available at

Liz Earle.com

Skin Repair Moisturiser™ Dry/Sensitive

This one is the another product which I have been using with their toner and honestly both of products are responsible for the good condition of my skin. So it'll be better that I discuss about this product as well.


What it claims
This perfectly balanced moisturiser softens, smoothes and conditions dry/sensitive skin for a naturally healthy glow.

Size
50ml

Price
$17.60

Ingredients
Borage and Avocado oil, Echinacea, Beta-Carotene and Natural Vitamin E

How to use
Gently massage into face and neck morning and evening after Instant Boost Skin Tonic

Packaging
Liz Earle Skin Moisturizer comes in a beautiful jar.But if one doesn't like jars, then instead of purchasing the 50ml jar version you can go for the 50ml tube (£17.50) which is more hygienic.

Texture
This mosturiser is off white in color. The texture is not light but not too heavy as well.


Skin types
Suitable for dry and sensitive skin types

In the mirror of my own experience

My skin has always been changing it type. It remains normal and sometimes combination in summers and monsoon and becomes dry in winter so I chose this moisturizer for me. I knew that It'll be a bit thick for in current weather but I love Liz Earle products so I really wanted to use it in winter.
In this weather I applied a very tiny amount of this product just after the Instant Boost Skin Tonic. My face was quite damp due to the toner so the consistency did not bother me at all. I find the cream to be very moisturizing, leaving my skin soft, smooth and hydrated for the entire day. It didn’t irritate my skin nor did it cause breakouts, but simply does what any good moisturizer should: it hydrates skin, preventing it from drying out, and keeps it soft and good looking! It also has a lovely floral, clean scent that’s not too strong. I really love to apply it in morning and night before going to bed. The only complain with this product that it does not contain SPF so I have to apply a sunscreen daily apart from this.

Good Points
It's very moisturizing, leaves my skin soft and hydrated and silky
It absorbs quickly in the skin.
Never feels heavy and greasy.
It didn’t give me any breakouts.
I love its lovely scent.
It's available in several sizes and packaging so you have many option to choose the size.
To see the quality of the product the price is very reasonable.


Bad points
It doesn't contain SPF
Not available in India. You can only purchase it Online from their website.
Finally...
Finally it's another impressive product from Liz Earle. After using one month I love this moisturizer. I'm highly satisfied to see my skin condition. I would love to use it in winters and I hope this works well for me in the chilled weather too.
Recommendation
After my own experience I really recommend to my readers. The best thing is that it's available in several versions (normal/combination, oily/combination and dry/sensitive) so you can choose very easily according to your skin type.
Rating
4/5

Available at: Liz Earle.com

So ladies, what is your opinion about these lovely products? I'm sure you all love these. Would you like to share your experience with these products with me? Check out more about Liz Earle's Cleanse, Tone & Moisturize- HERE

Liz Earle- Website, Twitter & Facebook

Disclaimer- Products sent by PR

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig