Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Thursday, June 19, 2014

L'Oréal Paris L'Or Lumiere Cannes collection- review, swatches, EOTD

The L'Or Lumiere Cannes collection by L'Oréal Paris has been appreciated by everyone and been a big hit in the recent days.  L'Or Lumiere Cannes collection includes Vivacious Moist Matte lipsticks, Super Liner Gelmatic eye liners, Infallible Mono eye shadows and Color Riche Nail Colors. I was sent two products- L'Oréal Paris Moisture Matte Lipstick in Flaming Kiss and L'Oréal Paris Super Liner Gelmatic Pen in Deep Brown from amongst them along with an elegant golden beauty clutch.



After using both products, I would love to share my experience with you all now! Let's start with the lipstick.


 L'Oréal Paris Moisture Matte Lipstick in Flaming Kiss
Matte has never been so rich! L’Oréal Paris launches a revolutionary new range of lipsticks – Color Riche Moist Matte, with pure pigments that deliver intense luscious color for a full 6 hours in 12 irresistible shades of pure indulgence. It is enriched with new Light Illium complex for a rich matte effect, velvet fusion capsules and Ultra Gliding Shine oils to provide a smooth and silky application
 and Jojoba oil to give absolute hydration for many hours.



In the mirror of my own experience 

Packaging

The packaging is very attractive and perfect. It comes in a sleek rose gold shining tube with a small square in front indicating the color. You can see the shade's name at the bottom. Overall it's a classy and remarkable packaging.




Texture

The texture is matte but very creamy. Even if you blot them they don’t go completely dry, in fact it still feels velvety matte with some softness. I think these L’Oreal moist matte lipsticks have the best matte formula available in Indian market so far. They give lot of pigmentation. The Moist Matte glides on very smoothly (no tugging or pulling) & gives a completely vibrant, opaque pigmentation in one swipe. It stains heavily and wear time of stain is also quite decent. However, they are transferable even after blotting.


Application


When first applied, it looks slightly shiny then settles down to an almost matte finish.  it doesn't look like a true matte lipstick. The application is so easy and it's feel highly moisturising you don't need even applying a lip balm before applying it.



 Effect 


The finish has a lot of sheen as compared to other matte formulas available in the market.Although it's a silky smooth matte finish lipstick but it does have some sheen effect, so if you are a complete matte finish lover like me you might not like that aspect .However I'd still recommend everyone, including the matte finish fanatics to check these out, Swatch them  for yourself & I'm sure you'll love their effect. 

Lasting power

Being a creamy formula, the staying power of this lipstick is just amazing, I know that mostly high quality lipsticks stay on my lips longer as compared to others but in this warm weather it can stay for about for 5/6 hours easily without reapplying so you can imagine it can give more lasting power in normal days. I'm impressed by its this part.

Good points:

Beautiful luxury packaging
Very pretty color with creamy formula
Doesn’t dry out lips and doesn’t settle to fine lines.
Formula is great as a long wear lipstick.
Very easy to apply
Amazing lasting power.

Bad points:

A bit  expensive


Not completely matte.





PRICE- 


INR 899

AVAILABILITY- 

Available at all L'Oreal counters and leading cosmetic stores! 

COB RATING-  

4.5/5


L'Oréal Paris Super Liner Gelmatic Pen in Deep Brown





The other product was the L'Oréal Paris Super Liner Gelmatic Pen in Deep Brown.  L’Oreal Paris introduces its first gel eye liner in a pen format. Quick, precise and easy application combined with intense matte colour pay off for just a stroke of audacity. Comes in two rich, luxurious shades. Automatic crayon with precision tip for easy application Micro gel pigments formula for intense colour pay off.


In the mirror of my own experience 

Packaging

  The packaging is ordinary like any other twist up pen, this too has a very similar format, and only the brown end of it makes it stand out from the rest. The words “Super Liner” and “Gelmatic” are written on the pen in gold the pen has a cap, which closes with a click, which makes it travel-friendly.






Shade &Texture

The color “Deep Brown” is metallic, though it does not have much shimmer.  It applies smoothly and is not at all gritty.The color of the pencil looks darker, but when applied, the pigmentation is moderate, and needs to be rubbed a bit on my eyelids.

Pigmentation & Application


The main problem is the pigmentation. It is not very richly pigmented. To get a decent colour , I had to swipe it 4-5 times. It is non-gritty, so no problem in swiping it on my lower waterline, but it is not very soft also. It does resemble gel liners on application, but the pigmentation could have been better. I have to apply it many times for the colour to show . I exerted a bit of pressure, and the tip broke, so now, I'll have to be a bit more careful about that. It does not irritate my eyes when applied on the waterline and you can see it in my waterline in picture and I love this point.

 Effect

When I used it on my eyes and saw the effect after completing my makeup I noticed that it gave my eyes a soft look that I loved,  as the lipstick is of a brighter color so you can't use a rich color on your eyes, so I think it's a perfect shade to use with the lip colour. 



Lasting power

 It lasted for around 5-6 hours without fading much from my waterline and it did not even smudge  so these are some impressive parts of this liner. 

Good points:


Does not irritate my eyes even applying in my waterline.

Lovely metallic brown color
Does not fade much
Does not smudge
Staying power is good.
Gives a soft effect to my eyes.


Bad points:
Simple packaging.
Pigmentation could have been better.
Liner could have been softer.
Name of the shade is not written on the pen.




PRICE- 


INR 425

AVAILABILITY- 

At L'Oreal counters


COB RATING-  

3.75/5

Finally....

Finally, though I love both products, the liner disappointed me a bit. Truly speaking, I am not much of a fan of the texture, and although I love the shade and the effect I got after applying on my eyes, I really hope L’Oreal to step up and do something about the texture of these Super Liner Gel Matic Pens. About the lipstick...I can say it's a winner product of this collection, I am totally in love with the shade and quality I would highly recommend these to everyone as such comfortable formula with such beautiful shade. The only thing is that it's a bit bit pricey but the lipstick delivers everything beyond expectations, so you can invest your money to get a great product.

You can follow some very easy steps to recreate Aishwarya Rai's stunning red carpet look- HERE

So what do you think about these two? Have you used any from this collection?



SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig