Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Friday, January 9, 2015

MAC Up the Amp Lipstick - Review and swatches

A while ago I was crazy about the colour purple. I had many purple dresses, shoes and lipsticks in that color. I had been loving every kind of purple shade; lilacs, lavenders, mauves, violets, plums and purples. It was during that period when I visited the Mac store and got hold of this shade- Up the Amp and to be honest, this shade adds variety to the usual pinks and reds that my makeup drawers are overflowing with! 

So let's get started with the review of Mac Up The Amp lipstick.

MAC Up the Amp Lipstick - Review and swatches, beauty blogger, Indian Beauty Blogger, Chamber of Beauty




Ingredients

MAC Up the Amp Lipstick - Review and swatches, beauty blogger, Indian Beauty Blogger, Chamber of Beauty

In the mirror of my own experience 

MAC Up the Amp Lipstick - Review and swatches, beauty blogger, Indian Beauty Blogger, Chamber of Beauty

It is a lip shade from the popular and one of the most loved brand MAC and we all know how amazing their products are. The shade is creamy purple one with some pinkish tint in it. It’s a pretty shade that will go on very well at every occasion and with every color outfit, especially white, light pink, etc.

Packaging

MAC Up the Amp Lipstick - Review and swatches, beauty blogger, Indian Beauty Blogger, Chamber of Beauty

MAC Up the Amp Lipstick - Review and swatches, beauty blogger, Indian Beauty Blogger, Chamber of Beauty

The packaging is simple but sturdy and attractive. It comes in a black and silver packaging you all are aware about it.It has been kept inside a regular lipstick with the logo of MAC at front, it has the regular twisted bottom to keep it handy and easy to use. On the bottom part, you’ll be able to see the product code.

Shade and smell

Up the Amp is described on the MAC website as a "lavender violet". In my opinion that is an accurate description for it.  It's a lavender violet color, not too bright. It's medium in tone, but it has that hint of lavender that lightens it up and brings a milkiness to the color. On tan/darker skin tones, it gives off a beautiful lilac pink hue.
It has a pleasant, sweet fragrance. 

MAC Up the Amp Lipstick - Review and swatches, beauty blogger, Indian Beauty Blogger, Chamber of Beauty

Pigmentation &Texture

MAC Up the Amp Lipstick has an amazing pigmentation. Just one swipe gives a decent color to the lips. To make it more intense you can obviously layer it up. The texture of this lipstick is very creamy and silky with a slight shine. MAC Up the Amp Lipstick gives lips the color as well as gloss like shine that I really love. 




Application & Effect

It's the "Amplified" formula, which I think is one of the best. It glides on smoothly, creamy and the color is opaque. It has a shiny finish and doesn't dry out my lips. I've applied it several times and have never been disappointed with the effect. I never need a lip balm on my lips before the application because it makes my lips smooth even in winter. But if you have super dry chapped lips, you need a light application of lip balm. It gives an even and creamy finish that makes the lips look fuller. Formula keeps lips moisturized and doesn’t settle in fine lines.   

Lasting power


 Up the Amp is quite long wearing, it lasts a good few hours on me; I wore it to a marriage function a couple of weeks ago and I didn't need to reapply it.  It's actually an Amplified Creme finish, so it's a lot creamier & does feel great on the lips! You don't need much of it either, so this lipstick will last ages. 



Good points

Nice packaging
Beautiful shade of purple
Silky and creamy texture
Highly pigmented
Spread evenly on the lips
Smooth application
Moisturising, with slightly shine effect
Great for all skin tones
Love it's lasting power

Bad points

The price of course is on the higher side!




Finally...


Finally, I'm very happy with my pick, Mac Up The Amp is a pretty purple and suits my skin tone. The formula is creamy and moisturize my lips always. I never feel dryness after applying it. It has great pigmentation and I'm impressed with the lasting power as well. Overall it's a nice lipstick the only down side of Mac lipsticks is their price. From Rs. 990 it has reached to Rs.1400. Very unfair for Mac all lovers! Anyways, if you want to buy a beautiful purple lipstick and don't mind the price, I'm sure you'll love the effect after using it. 

PRICE-

INR 1399

 AVAILABILITY

Available at Mac stores 

COB RATING-

4/5

Have you tried Mac Up The Amp Lipstick? 
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig